Company and technology profile
Hubrecht Organoid Technology (HUB) was founded on the pioneering work of Prof. Dr. Hans Clevers who discovered methods to grow stem cell-derived human epithelial ‘mini-organs’ (Organoids) from tissue of patients with various diseases. HUB is a world leading center for Organoid technology and aims to expand its pre-clinical and clinical Organoid activities with cutting edge scientific translational research.
HUB is looking for a Database Manager (m/f)
HUB processes large amounts of data for research. As a Database Manager you will be initially involved in a project together with external partners wherein HUB will generate a searchable catalog which combines different sources of data on patient derived organoids. The database will contain clinical data obtained from different hospitals, molecular data generated by laboratory results (e.g. growth rate) and genetic data obtained from external sequencing providers. The database has been developed in collaboration with external partners and companies.
Subsequently you will be responsible for maintaining, updating and expanding the database. In addition, once the database is setup you will be involved in its use by HUB and partners. Furthermore, you will work with external partners to expand the options of the use of the data in the database, e.g. identifying specific patient groups based on the data.
- HBO / University experience and intellectual credentials
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as database administrator
- Basic understanding of genetic and biological data
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of United Modeling Language (UML) or Enhanced Entity-Relationship model (EER)
- Certification in database management is an advantage
- Experience with data migration
- Experience with performance tuning
- Knowledge of and experience with Azure or similar cloud environment is an advantage
- Collaborative, but also able to operate independently
- Analytical and problem-solving ability with an eye for user-friendliness of applications
- Excellent communication and social skills; in addition, you have excellent skills both written and oral in Dutch and English
- Flexibility to accommodate the changing environment of a growing biotech company is very important
Mail your motivation letter, together with your CV in English to A. Looyen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated